Skip navigation.
New Mexico State University

What Can I Do With a Major In Family and Child Science?

Whether one is teaching first graders how to read or helping families with financial difficulties, human service professionals have a lasting impact on those they serve.

Areas of Focus

Work in a wide variety of fields such as Nursing, Psychology, Rehabilitative Therapy, Physical Therapy, Social Work, Community Social Services, Counseling


Career Titles

Alcohol and Substance Abuse
Community Service Outreach Worker
Parent Educator
Child Care Director
Gerontology Outreach Worker
Financial Counselor
Consultant in Human Development
Hospital-related Services
Child Behavior Therapist
Protection and Safety Worker
Mental Health Therapist
Mental Health Provider
Family Life Education
Youth Specialist
Child Specialist
Social Work Aide
Community Treatment Aide
Mental Health Aide
Marriage and Family Therapist
Human Services Worker
Family and Consumer Science
Contract Lobbyist
Nursing Program Director
Court Appointed Advocate Worker


Career Related Websites

College of Human Development and Education

Department of Child Development and Family Sciences

Master of Science: Marriage, Family, and Child Therapy Degree

National Organization for Human Services