Outstanding Awards for Faculty, Staff, and Students
The Outstanding Faculty, Staff, and Student Awards recognize outstanding scholarship, research, service or mentoring activities at the academic unit, college, or university level; or service to the community utilizing professional expertise during the past ten years. Priority is given to individuals who are members of the Hispanic Faculty Staff Caucus. The awards are as follows:
The Senior Faculty Award and the Junior Faculty Award will be presented to our faculty, who contributed to scholarship, maintained an active research agenda, and participated in service or mentoring activities.
- The Professional Staff Award will be awarded to a member who contributed to academic programs or university operations at NMSU and who promoted diversity throughout the year.
- The Mentorship Award will presented to either a faculty or staff person or Graduate Assistant, who actively mentored NMSU students.
- The Outstanding Graduate Student Award will be presented to a graduating graduate student, who has contributed to NMSU and the Hispanic community via service and academics.
Please look at the Nomination Form for the deadline to submit nominations. If you have any questions regarding these awards, please email Marc Legarreta, Chair of the HFSC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Charlene Shroulote, Secretary of the HFSC at email@example.com.
Recipients of the Outstanding Awards are recognized at the HFSC End-of-the-Year Celebration, which is generally held the first week of May of each academic year.
- Nominations may be submitted by alumni, students, staff and faculty. A nominators must be a current paid HFSC member.
- Nominatiors must give reasons for supporting the nomination.
- Nomination materials must be submitted as noted on the Nomination Form.
- Nominations may be submitted on-line. Supporting letters may be emailed to the Chair of the HFSC by the deadline noted on the Nomination Form.
- The HFSC Chair will appoint a committee to review nominations and to select the recipients of the Outstanding Awards.
Please click here to obtain the Nomination Form, which can be submitted on-line!
The following individuals were honored in May 2012:
Outstanding Faculty Award Recipient: Dr. Cristobal Rodriguez
Outstanding Faculty Award Recipient: Dr. Marisol Ruiz
Outstanding Staff Award Recipient: Ms. Grace Martinez
Outstanding Staff Award Recipient: Mr. Marc Legarreta
HFSC Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient: Ms. Erlinda Portillo
The following individuals were honored in May 2011:
Outstanding Senior Faculty Award: Dr. Antonio Lara (Chemistry Department)
Outstanding Senior Faculty Award: Dr. Bill Quintana (Chemistry Department)
Outstanding Junior Faculty Award: Dr. Jessica Perea Houston (Chemical Engineering Department)
Outstanding Profesisonal Staff Award: Dr. Mozella Garcia (DACC)
Outstanding Graduate Student Award: Charlene Shroulote (Master of Government)
The following individuals were honored in May 2010:
Outstanding Senior Faculty Award: Dr. Ricardo Jacquez (Engineering)
Outstanding Junior Faculty Award: Dr. Carlos Posadas (Criminal Justice Departmetn)
Outstanding Mentor Award: Dr. Freddy Marquez (ENLACE)
Outstanding Graduating Student Award: Marc Legarreta (Government Department)
The following individuals were honored in May 2009:
Outstanding Senior Faculty Award:
Outstanding Professional Staff Award: Dr. Laura Gutierrez Spencer (Chicano Programs)
Outstanding Graduating Student Award: Charlene Shroulote (Bachelor of Government)